CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stop The World

earth Pictures, Images and Photos



Stop the world, I want to get off!!! The reality of my job has taken over my blogging/decorating time. I am such a bad, bad blogger. So where have I been lately? Not decorating or thrifting much. School has started back, and I have been on a "To Do List" frenzy for a few weeks now. You know it is bad when your daily To Do list has its own To Do list. Does your list ever develop Post-It Note syndrome? Mine has become littered with sticky note mayhem. I tend to add at least three new things for every one thing that gets checked off. Oh well, such is the life of a teacher.

I have really missed this whole blogging/therapy thing for the last few weeks. On top of it all, the cable company decided to "accidentally" cut the lines to our house, and that resulted in a week without Internet. OMG...my techno geek self had no idea what to do. I couldn't even keep up with all of my favorite blogs. I feel like I have been dropped out in the wilderness somewhere, and somebody told me, "Good Luck!"

So, I'm back on the big WWW. Woot, Woot, Woot!!! Unfortunately, I haven't had an ounce of time to do any thrifting or decorating since school started back. I do have an item I found at the end of summer, however, that I thought I would share. I went on a day long Thrifty Thursday with a good friend from school, and we found a few things I need to work on. I have been thinking (thinking isn't doing) about a few of the items I found, and I thought I would ask for some suggestions because my brain is FRIED.



Here is a piece of wall art that I absolutely LURVE. I can't decide on how I want to paint it though. I was thinking about painting it Heirloom White and distressing it. It will be hanging in my entryway over a small dresser (that I haven't found yet). I have been out of the Craigslist loop too, so my perfect small, entryway dresser probably got scooped up already.

I also found this...




Yes, it's sewing machine! No, I don't sew very well. Yes, It does work.

These are the answers to the questions the hubby asked me when I brought this baby home. Why did I buy it you want to know? (So did he!) Well, it was $10 and I loved the way it looked. It was so charming, old, and rustic. Love, love, love! I could see it cleaned up and sitting displayed in my house. Hey, and it works, so I might even sew with it. Oh, the lies I tell myself.

So I cleaned her up! Now it looks like this, decorating some empty space under a hall table.

I doubt it will stay there long. I am not in love with the placement. I have a beautiful entryway dresser in mind that I would love to display it on. I have not found said entryway table as of yet though :(. Have I said that already?



Any other ideas? I really don't like where it is right now (frown). Not the vision I had in the store.

I hope I can figure out what to do with the wall art this weekend. I would really like to work on it. If you have an ideas, please comment and let me know. I would love to hear your thoughts!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Mrs. Teachnology
I am a National Board Certified teacher in the great state of South Carolina. I am currently an Instructional Coach for a wonderful elementary school. I taught third grade for seven years and first grade for one year. I love everything having to do with technology, and I am excited to share my ideas with fellow teachers.
View my complete profile