CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Transformation Tuesday #3

I have had the itch to put some kind of wall art in the "boys" bathroom upstairs, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. My first thought was to have the boys paint some of their own art to go in the room, but then I ran across some frames at the Goodwill for $1 and I had to make them over...NOW! It was not love at first sight I might tell you. They were sporting some Winnie the Pooh, and I am quite sure that neither Ed nor Alex would appreciate having the Pooh Bear in their bathroom. I saw potential in the frames, however.



The frames were a natural wood color, but I used Brushed Nickel by Rust Oleum to give them a more contemporary look. I also wanted the frames to match the fixtures in the bathroom...typical me!

I wanted the pictures to have greens, navy blues, and turquoise in them to match the rest of the present decor. I had never tried spray painting matting before, but I thought, "I paint everything else, what the heck!" So I tried it, and it work beautifully. I used a Walmart brand navy spray paint on the white matting. It took a few coats, but I was patient.

Now, I just had to figure out what I wanted to put inside for the art, and it came to me. I have tons of scrap booking paper (collecting dust) that needed to be used for something, so I dusted it off and used it. I totally lied to myself when I thought I had time to sit down and scrapbook..hehe. The paper is pretty in my craft closet though.


I had one piece with bath like words on it. Okay, the paper was really for swimming, but what's the difference? It's all water right? So, I took that piece and cut some of the words out. Then, I glued them to a piece of polka dot paper that matches the shower curtain. I used the rest of the "word paper" to fill up the other frame. Voila!

This was soooooo easy, and I really do like them. The best part is...I only spent $6.00 total for the frames and paint. That's where I feel the love!!!!


So sorry for the terrible pictures. I need a better camera and this bathroom needs better lighting. It is still a work in progress, so other pictures will be shared later! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous

Pretty cool! Not many people can spend that little but get that big a bang for the buck when decorating?

Mrs. Teachnology

Thank you markbrian. That is part of the thrill!!!

About Me

My Photo
Mrs. Teachnology
I am a National Board Certified teacher in the great state of South Carolina. I am currently an Instructional Coach for a wonderful elementary school. I taught third grade for seven years and first grade for one year. I love everything having to do with technology, and I am excited to share my ideas with fellow teachers.
View my complete profile