CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Transformation Tuesday #2: Classy Glass


Happy Tuesday everyone! I have chosen something VERY simple for this week's transformation. Since I started this thrifting thing, I have developed a love for glass bottles. I have found that they can be used for a simple decorative accessory or for organization. Here are a few I have brought home in the past weeks.



I picked these up for 1.00 each. I just loved the texture they had. I thought about painting them, but decided to just spruce them up a little with some hemp. I took the hemp and wrapped it around the top of one of the bottles, using my handy dandy Tacky Glue to adhere it to the glass.

I just tied some of the hemp around the top, in a bow. Simple and cauuute! I also added another glass jar I had hiding out in my bedroom. I only paid 50 cents for it!


I created a grouping of the three bottles on my hallway table. Groups of three are a MUST when decorating, or I am just that OCD. I added the yellow bottle for some color, and I adore it.


I used a taller triangle jar in the Master Bedroom. We saved some of the sugar Callas from our wedding cake. My mouth is watering thinking about how AMAZING this cake tasted.


I displayed them in this pretty piece of $1 glass.

Our bedroom is a beachy retreat, so it is no stranger to some shells. The hubby and I always bring home shells from the places we visit. They remind us of the wonderful, romantic places we have been. It also reminds us that it's time to take a cruise! Yeah, buddy...it's about time to book again.


Now, being the organizational freak that I am, I definitely had to do some organizing with some of the glass I bought. "I am not OCD, I am CDO, in alphabetical order the way it should be". Here they were before (except for the one small one).

And after....(I added one I didn't take a before pic of.)


Ahhhh....things in a specified place. Makes me smile everytime. :) To top it all off, this whole set only cost me $2.50. Cha Ching!!!!

So, the next time you see a lonely glass bottle on that thrift store shelf, look past it's dullness and think of a way to USE it!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Mrs. Teachnology
I am a National Board Certified teacher in the great state of South Carolina. I am currently an Instructional Coach for a wonderful elementary school. I taught third grade for seven years and first grade for one year. I love everything having to do with technology, and I am excited to share my ideas with fellow teachers.
View my complete profile